Thursday, March 26, 2020

You're on the Shoreline!

A few years back, I heard the Lord say, “You are on the shoreline!” Mind you; I was going through chemotherapy treatments at the time. As I thought about this, I got so upset because I wanted to be somewhere out in the deep waters with the Lord. You see, at the time, I equated deep waters with moving maturely in Holy Spirit. My emotions were so tormented that I started warring in prayer.

The scripture that came to mind was Psalm 42:5. Why so downcast, oh my soul? In this scripture, the etymology of the word “soul” means to take breath; to refresh oneself.

God was dealing with me to shift into praise instead of warring - shift my thinking.

I also remembered giving a lady a word from the Lord about using praise as a weapon of warfare. So, I shifted into warring with praise to get into this “deep” area in Him. Still not wanting to be on the shoreline. 

I thought about Judah and how his name means praise. I knew that this tribe was the one to be feared.

In Genesis 49:9 is says, Judah is a lion’s whelp: from the prey, my son, thou has gone up (ascend): he stooped down (same as when Jesus drew a line in the sand), he couched (to bend to bow down) as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?

I finally realized I wasn’t going to rouse the Lord, but I needed to shake myself by getting rid of pride. How? By praising Him. Pride was in thinking I knew better than God. Shaking myself was to bow.

Genesis 49:10, the sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come (Jesus’ second coming): and unto him shall the gathering of the people be (rapture). Shiloh is an epitaph of Messiah.

My praises brought my thinking back into alignment with Jesus, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, by shaking (bowing) myself.

The etymology of Shiloh means success, safety, happy, secure, prosperous.

Who wants to be safe, happy, and successful?! (Yes, please! I’m raising my hand right now.)

When looking closer at the word whelp, I ran across Deut. 33:22. And of Dan he said, Dan is a lion’s whelp: he shall leap from Bashan. 

Dan was one of the twelve tribes too. His name means judge, to contend, plead.
We can always contend before the judge (God) for the next level or place we are to be.

I thought about how many times I’ve wanted to be in a different place than where I currently was. When I view everything through those lenses - I realized I was never happy. In Shiloh, being part of the body of Christ, I should be happy, secure, and prosperous. 

I needed to stop looking at the final destination of where I thought I should be. Instead, learn to love my journey with Jesus.

Bashan means fruitful. I needed to be fruitful on the shoreline!.

A whelp is a young one that’s not yet weaned - on who is still maturing. You could say Bashan is where you develop (mature) to catch your prey.

Then you leap to the next level!

From Bashan, we leap. “He shall LEAP FROM Bashan.” The word leap invokes happiness, rejoicing, and excitement!

The land of Bashan is celebrated for its oaks, rich pastures, and abundant cattle. This description reminds me of a few scriptures as I’m sure it does you too.

Oak Trees: Isaiah 61:3 ESV, O grant to those who mourn in Zion— to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.

Rich, Fertile Pastures: Psalm 23:2 NIV, He makes me lie down in green pastures.

Abundant Cattle: Psalm 50:10, KJV, For every beast of the forest, is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.

So, I started focusing on being happy at where I was - the shoreline! When the Lord spoke this to me, He said it in such a positive tone. While thinking about the shoreline, I looked at Mark, chapter 6.

Mar  6:45 - And straightway, he constrained his disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side before unto Bethsaida, while he sent away the people.

Jesus sent the disciples to Bethsaida. Bethsaida means house of fish. The etymology of this word is household, to have and obtain children. Bethsaida was a small fishing village on the west shore of Lake Gennesaret. It was also the home of Andrew, Peter, Philip, and John.

Verse 48 says, and he saw them toiling in rowing; for the wind was contrary unto them: and about the fourth watch of the night, he came unto them, walking upon the sea, and would have passed by them.

Rowing against the contrary wind reminded me of how my emotions were in such turmoil.

Verse 53, And when they had passed over, they came into the land of Gennesaret, and drew to the shore.

Gennesaret is also called the Sea of Galilee or the Sea of Tiberias - a lovely, fertile, fruitful area.

Verse 54, And when they were come out of the ship, straightway they knew him.

On the shoreline was where they recognized the Lord.

I, too, was on my way to recognizing that the Lord was with me - on the shoreline.

Gennesaret means a harp or lyre. The harp was David’s favorite instrument of praise. He was a man after God’s own heart (Acts 13:22) and known for playing the harp excellently. 

Praise a way to get into the presence of God - to be touched and healed.

When we praise, our soul believes that God precisely knows where we are to be. He’s the one who will get us there - not by warring in prayer or sitting in turmoil, trying to figure it out. We shouldn’t let our souls get that messed-up. Luke 8:50, Only believe!

I was looking at Matthew 14:22-33. This portion of scripture was when Peter was in the deep, walking on water. Even though he asked and was permitted to walk on water, he got into trouble. He wasn’t ready to maintain that level in the Lord.

Another scripture to anchor yourself in knowing that God will make sure you are in the right place at the right time. John 21:6.

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Cast a net on the wrong side in the wrong place out in the deep brought about no progress.

But, when instructed (mature) on where it should be, the other side, that was when he caught the most.

When they got to the shoreline, their spiritual eyes were opened, and they recognized Jesus!

Remember, in the story in Mark 6, Jesus sent them to the shoreline, to Bethsaida (house of fish), and that was where they prospered. Everyone that pressed Jesus, in that area, were all touched and healed!

On the shoreline, your eyes will be opened, and you’ll be healing on this new level in Christ!

You’re in the perfect place - the shoreline!

Join me by taking a minute to praise God for your shoreline!

No comments:

Post a Comment